I find myself constantly needing to make appetizers. Between parties, big games, various meetings, and daily life, I am always on the hunt for simple, quick, and frugal appetizer recipes that also happen to be delicious too.
As a stay-at-home mom, I’ve found that it’s important to always have a stockpile of recipes that I can quickly whip up with things I already have in my kitchen.
Here are some of my favorite frugal appetizer recipes.
Best Frugal Appetizer Recipes
1. Best All-Around Appetizer: Meatball Bubble Biscuits
I make this appetizer for pretty much every event that I am invited to. It’s quick, easy, and most of the ingredients are probably already in your pantry, especially if you stock pile your groceries by using discount grocery coupons.
- 12 oz. can of Pillsbury Golden Layers refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 10 frozen cooked meatballs
- 2 sticks of string cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Marinara sauce
- Heat your oven to 375 degrees F. Separate each of the 10 biscuits in half, and cut each meatball in half. Cut each stick of string cheese into 10 pieces. You should have 20 parts of each.
- Place one meatball half along with a string cheese piece into the center of a biscuit half. Roll the dough into a ball so that it completely covers the meatball and the cheese. Do this with all 20 meatballs, and arrange them in an ungreased 8 or 9 inch round cake pan.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder over the meatball biscuits to your liking.
- Bake the biscuits for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown on top. Serve with marinara sauce on the side.